My trip to Korea (suite)
Wednesday April 11thOne of the reason my friend accepts to come with me in Korea is to see cherry blossoms. We decided to go to Yeouido to look for the famous Yunjungno Avenue where there are more than 1000 cherry trees.
It was a warm and sunny day, an ideal day to see cherry blossoms. We took again the subway to go to Yeouido station – line 5. We took the exit 1 as the tourist guide bood has indicated. But we just saw buildings and avenues, not any cherry trees or park. We tried to ask some people but they didn’t understand english so we had some problems to communicate to each other. Each time we asked about cherry blossoms, they seemed lost and didn’t know what we wanted to ask. The last person we asked for information was a nice young man, I think he mistook what we asked for and show us the direction of Hangang Park istead of Yunjungno Avenue.
We arrived finally at Hangang Park after walking a long long time as we turned around and around, tired with the warm weather (I think it will be better if there is some indication in English for us). There are a few cherry blossoms there, and we felt a little deceived because we heard that Yunjungno Avenue had about 1400 cherry trees and it seemed to us that the count’s not true.

And we found out that Yeouinaru station is just there and we could go to this station instead of Yeouido station.
This is Hanggang Park

In fact, Yunjungno Avenue is behind the National Assembly and there are a lot and a lot of cherry trees, and we have to walk past Hanggang Park to find it. But at this moment we didn’t know it and we’re so tired. So we just took some pics and came back to the hotel.
In the afternoon, we went to Itaewon, designated as a foreign tourist area. There, we saw some western people and it’s true that Korean people who sell things there speak english. But we already saw all the stuffs they sell, so there isn't anything interesting left to see. All the stores are along the main street so the visit was rather short.
In the meantime, youngsun called me to say that Park Bof’s still opened, she’s such a considerate sister as she knew we will have a BYJ’s day tour on Thursday.
And I also got a phone call from CN, she just arrived in Seoul. We fixed the details about our appointment for tomorrow in Lotte’s lobby.
We decided to take the city night tour bus to end this day and I think it was the best thing we did of the day. Seoul at night is beautiful, especially the bridges on Han river. The bus even stopped at Namsan tower which is very beautiful at night.

It’s raining and pretty cold when we left the bus, so we went back to Myeongdong for dinner. I chose a very hot spicy tofu and kimchi soup, miam, very hot and very yummy. But I’m sorry I forgot the name.
After 2 excited days, Wednesday had nothing exceptionnal for me, maybe because there wasn’t anything related to YJ ? But Thursday will be the BYJ’s day tour with CN and my second gathering&dinner at Gorilla.


9 Comments:
hey camille!
was it spicy tofu soup (soondubu chigae) you had? it's one of my fave korean dishes :) esp if there's lots of clams and egg!
Hi bb, yes I think it is, there are clams and egg like you said. It's the first time I ate this soup and I love love it, thanks for telling me the name.
In fact I think I'm a little vegetarian, I don't eat fish and I don't like meat, but I like tofu and vegetables very much.
hee... now you're making me crave for that... mmm, think i'll have that for lunch today :p
Dear Camille,
I have been here a few times to read your trip report. But bear with me I will be reading it steadily (which means slowly), you are such a diligent writer. It looks like a very fruitful trip. Love to read it more.
Take care,
-H
bb, you mean you can find it in Sing ? oh lucky girl, I think even if there is this soup in some Korean restaurant in France, I will never find this kind of hot and spicy taste. Bon appétit.
Dear H,
Thank you for your nice works, I hope I'm as good in english as you to write more.
dear camille,
sorry that I only have time to come and read about your trip now. Yeah, what a let down, 1400 cherry blossoms trees would be lovely! But I am sure you enjoy the scenaries too.
I really thank you for writing this report. Together with bb and liezle's trip report, it's like a must-read if I go to visit Seoul. You ladies have all the great sightseeing and BYJ spots all covered. Thanks!
My dear Jaime
I'm very happy to see you here, I know you're very busy with your house.
About Yunjungno Avenue, finally I've seen it on friday , but I still don't have time to blog about it.
Thanks for your nice words, but unlike bb and Lieze, I always forgot to take pictures ha ha.
yea, soondubu is quite readily available here in singapore, as with the other korean dishes :p
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home